Simply Shari

Simply Shari
Me...Myself and I

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Invitations

The woman sent out invitations far and wide to her heart birth party...she invited all her old friends...the owl...
the kitten and Fairy...
The woman put up posters...sent out flyers...emails...letters...made phone calls...sang an invite to the moon and stars...to the sun...asked the very Mother Earth herself to come to her birth party...of course she asked the wolf to come...
and wondered if she should invite the Wicked Queen and the Wizard...or maybe they would just show up? It didn't matter....her party and her heart were open to all....
She made her home as welcoming and inviting as she knew how...full of color and sunshine...laughter and light filled every corner....the birds came and sang....beginning the party early...soon her other friends would be here too...the woman was so excited...but...she pondered...what about the Lion? should he have been sent an invite? Would he know he was welcome...
The woman looked up into the sky...
Universe...hey there...it's me...down here...I have a question....
Silence...nothing but silence...the woman sighed and looked down at the ground...where did the Universe go...it said it would always be with me...oh, well....guess I need to figure this one out for myself...Let's see....the Lion already knows he is welcome here anytime...I've told him that...he has come and visited from afar...but he is coming...so...he will know of the party tomorrow and know he is welcome...but, just in case...I don't want him to get his feelings hurt....so...with a little bit of magic she sends out a special invitation to the Lion...
There...that should do it...life is for being happy and playing...enjoying...dancing in the rain...singing like no one is listening...
There is a time and place for everything...in the world it can be busy...keep you so worn out with all the responsibilities...others expecting you to do this and do that...never do they consider that you also may have a life other than work...you need a place to hide....to be comforted...to relax and enjoy life...a warm and wonderful place...a place to be loved...no matter what...
Here...here in my little corner of the world...tomorrow we celebrate the birth of my heart...and then we will watch it grow together...a heart open and big enough for all who may wander here...

BOO!!! Shouted the Universe...and the woman jumped...
Laughing, she called out...you scared me...where have you been?
You did just fine all on your own...it will be a wonderful celebration tomorrow...now you had better get some sleep...
Yes. I did do alright the woman answered and yes, I had better get some sleep...it will soon be my party and I don't want to be tired she laughed...
Goodnight Universe...
Sweet Dreams to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment