The princess dreamed a dreamless sleep...waking to the sun shining through the window...she stretched and yawned...
The Wizard came in and sat beside her....her my dear...drink this...it will make you feel better...
But I feel fine the princess replied...
Drink, the Wizard commanded and his eyes flashed...the princess obediently drank...not knowing the drink was a potion the Wizard had concocted to keep her under his rule...
Soon the princess felt very tired and fell back down on her pillow...fast asleep...
Sleep well, my dear...the Wizard whispered...sleep the dreamless sleep and forget....forget the prince...forget your animal friends...forget your garden and your Rose of Sharon...forget all, but me...
Nothing in your world...your universe...but me...
The princess woke again hours later...she looked around and wondered where she was...she felt she had forgotten something...something important...but what she had no clue....she got up and walked around...the Wizard greeted her with a kiss and hug...
Good morning my dear...you slept for a long time..how are you feeling...
I feel odd, she replied....something is wrong...missing...not sure what...maybe I'll remember...
Do not worry your pretty head princess....nothing is wrong or missing...I am here with you...your Once in a Lifetime Love...now and forever...
Yes, My Lord...you are right as always...
Come sit with me...and we will make plans on how to use all this estate of ours has to offer...
Estate? the princess questioned...
No worries, princess...I'll do the thinking and planning...you just sit down here beside me and look pretty...
The Wizard sat down and pulled the princess down beside him...
The princess sat and just was...she had forgotten her prince...forgotten her animal friends and her beloved garden...her Rose of Sharon Heart...they were lost to her...the Wizard had succeeded with his Magic Potion...
Magic had given the Wizard full power over the princess...he had her and had everything of hers he wanted...and Magic had taken away from the princess...everything she had in life....

No comments:
Post a Comment