Simply Shari

Simply Shari
Me...Myself and I

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wolf

and so the princess and the wolf set out together along the path...
As they walked the wolf told her what to expect on this journey...you will see many strange things as we wind deeper and deeper along the path...do not judge...do not try to change anything..just observe...you may ask questions and I will try to answer...
Where are we going the princess asked...
it matters not so much where we are going the wolf replied...it's the journey that is important for now...it will all fall into place in its own good time...
Who are you really she wondered...and why did you come to me...
I am a spirit...a guide...a teacher...I came from a place far from here...but close to your heart...I came because it was time...you called and I answered...in your heart you knew it was time...time to put away foolish wants and needs and become the person you were meant to be...
Who can I be, but me she wondered...I am only me...a princess that is lost and alone...what else is there for me in this life...
Your much more than a princess and there is so much more for you out there than what you imagine...life is waiting...waiting for you...hurry now...we must hurry along before dark...there is something you must see before the last light fades...
They walked faster...the princess deep in thought...soon they came to a crossroads...which way the princess asked the wolf...your choice he replied...this is your adventure after all...
She looked both ways...each one looked dark and ominous...to the left lead back up the mountain...she felt that wasn't right...she had backtracked enough in life...the past was best left in the past...to the right led further downhill...but still it twisted and turned back on itself...hmmmm....
Well...we might as well go right she said finally...so off they went...
It wasn't long before they came to a familiar place...she had been here before...long ago...it seemed like another life it was so long ago...a stream slowly flowed through an almost barren meadow...

I remember this place...from long ago she told the wolf...but somehow it's different...still a cold and lonely place...but it doesn't have the hold on me it did before...
No, answered the wolf...you have left this place behind...you don't need it anymore or the one you were here with...but look closely...someone....something else is here...
Where? she looked and looked...finally noticing something small and insigificant in the stream...what is that...there in the water...she  pointed to a small sea kayak making its way downstream...
Look closer whispered the wolf...
She took a few steps closer and saw a frog rowing the kayak...looking lost and forlorn...he didn't see them...
Look...a frog...she whispered...I've never seen a frog rowing a kayak...let alone a sea kayak on a stream...it was such a funny sight..she almost laughed aloud, but held it in as she didn't want to frighten the poor thing...
Who is he she wondered....
The Wolf  urged her to look a little closer...
She gasped...the Prince...my poor...lost Prince...she mourned....

No comments:

Post a Comment