Simply Shari

Simply Shari
Me...Myself and I

Monday, May 14, 2012

Change

The princess had walked and walked for days....she was finally close to home...it was just around the corner...she stopped for a moment to take a breath...just breathe she thought to herself....it will be fine...the Wizard will be there waiting...you have changed...maye he has too...just breathe...

The princess continued on home...reaching her home she found Sam waiting outside...
Sam! she rushed up to him...what are you doing here? where is the Wizard? inside?
No, princess...the Wizard is gone...he left shortly after you did...no reason to stay he said....I've been waiting for you to come home...it's been a long time....where have you been?
A long ways away, Sam....had some trouble...
What kind of trouble, princess?
Some health issues, Sam....not doing too well...it involves the prince, Sam...I have tried so hard to forget...tried to win him back...all to no avail...so I found a Dr. of sorts...a Witch Doctor...she made a potion for me...it was supposed to make me forget...forget everything...but it didn't work..she was really the Wicked Queen in disguise....what she gave me made me really sick...I think she was trying to poison me...kill me...she is so evil...
Princess! how horrible for you...how did you make it through? I told her the Lion was with another...I begged her for a cure...she laughed in my face...the Wicked Queen raised her glass to my lips for the final dose, but I turned and ran...straight into a Watcher....he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his office...
A Watcher, exclaimed Sam..the same Watcher that is with the prince?
No, Sam...another Watcher...this one was a male...he gave me a counter potion...said he had been watching me for awhile and knew what the Wicked Queen was planning...so he had found and made a counter dose to cure the poison she had given me...but there was a catch...
There always is my dear, sighed Sam...what was it?
He told me that there is no cure for my broken heart...that it will continue to kill me as long as I let it...I'm Dieing, Sam and there is no cure....nothing I can do to fix it...nothing anyone can do...
There must be something, princess....surely somewhere...someone will know how to cure your broken heart...
The Wizard was my last chance...but he is gone...
No, I'm not, Baby Girl...I just left to find you...and here you are...and I have just what you need to cure this broken heart of yours...I always have...if you would have trusted me long ago it would be a thing of the past by now...
You have a cure, Wizard? asked Sam skeptically....where is it? what is it?
Yes, I have a cure...right here in my hand...take two and see the difference, princess....
What are they?
Happy pills! You take them as I say and you will never be sad or broken hearted again...only Happy...here try them...
And the Princess takes them and swallows them even as Sam protests loudly...
But, princess, you don't know what they are...what they will do for sure...
I don't care, Sam...if they do as the Wizard says...that's all that matters...
The Wizard smiled...Sam frowned...and the princess....

Found freedom at last...no more did her heart ache...it sang...all her troubles melted away....she felt like she was flying...higher than the trees...a bird in flight...whatever this stuff was...it worked...no worries...no pain...only floating in a calm sea...the princess settled in to hazy daze....
I like this, Wizard...I feel nothing...no pain...only calm....floating...I'm so sleepy...going to sleep now...and she fell into the Wizards arms...
I'll take her inside and lay her down, Sam...don't worry she'll be fine...it takes a few days for her body and mind to adjust...her heartbreak will be gone and in it's place you'll see a whole new Baby Girl...
But at what price Wizard?
But the Wizard laughed and shut the door in Sam's face...




No comments:

Post a Comment