Simply Shari

Simply Shari
Me...Myself and I

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Confrontation

Just before the wolf made its final move the crone threw off her blanket....stood tall and proud before the wolf...
The wolf stopped cold...for he recognized this old one...his growl hushed...he hung his head and whined...crouched down before the woman and waited....
The crone tentatively reached out a hand and touched his head... You have grown strong and bold while I have become old and weak my friend...the years have not been kind to me...
They have not been good to me either Red...my heart is hard...I thirst for blood now instead of the taste of you...
The path you chose Wolf...away from me...you left to spend your days in the shadows...
My choice, yes Red....but my reasons you understood...no life for you with me...you stood to lose too much...
I lost it all anyway Wolf...your sacrifice was for naught and now you are waiting for something that will never come...
No peace will you find...only loneliness and pain...I see it in your eyes...your heart has hardened but mine was broken...you broke it Wolf when you turned and ran...
Why are you here Red? Torture would be preferable to seeing you again...the pain is unbearable...leave me...go and never come back he growled...
Not until you face me Wolf...face me..really face me...the real you...not this creature you've become...
Wolf sighed...stood up on his hind legs and slowly his features melted and changed...a mist swirled around him...as it cleared...he stood before her as he used to be...a man...

No comments:

Post a Comment